Richmond, VA Personal Injury Attorney
Daniel Renfro is the founding partner of Renfro & Renfro. Dan focuses his practice on Virginia workers’ compensation and personal injury cases. He has extensive experience in personal injury law, co-counseling multi-million dollar litigation and settlements. His personal injury experience includes products liability, automobile accidents, premises liability, legal malpractice and medical malpractice cases.
Dan grew up in central Indiana 10 minutes from the family farm, and spent his formative years learning the value of hard work and persistence that farm life teaches. He has worked in healthcare, construction, and manufacturing fields, and in the retail sector before becoming an attorney. He has also taught other lawyers about workers’ compensation, and has taught criminal procedure at the collegiate level.
Dan’s wide knowledge base and diverse skill set give him valuable insight into the ins and outs of workplace injuries, and his experience in the courtroom has made him a formidable litigator. He is a graduate of Indiana State University and the Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, in Lansing, Michigan. He is an Eagle Scout, and enjoys running, spending time with his family, and hiking the Blue Ridge mountains and Appalachian Trail in his free time.
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, Juris Doctor – 2006
- Indiana State University, Bachelor of Science in Psychology – 2003
- Commonwealth of Virginia – 2007
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
Memberships & Honors
- 2020 Virginia Rising Stars – Super Lawyers
- 2019 Virginia Rising Stars – Super Lawyers
- 2018 Virginia Rising Stars – Super Lawyers
- 2018 Top 100 Trial Lawyers – National Trial Lawyers Association
- 10 Best Workers’ Compensation Attorneys of 2018 – American Institute of Legal Counsel
- 2018 Top 10 Under 40 – National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys
- 10 Best Workers’ Compensation Attorneys of 2017 – American Institute of Legal Counsel
- Eagle Scout – Boy Scouts of America
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Speaker - Virginia Trial Lawyers Association - Advanced Workers’ Compensation Retreat - “Occupational Diseases” - Nov. 2018
- Speaker – Commonwealth Contractors Group Self-Insurance Conference – “Effective Use of a Panel of Physicians” – Oct. 2016
- Speaker – Virginia Trial Lawyers Association - Advanced Workers’ Compensation Retreat – “Peeling Back the Curtain on Uninsured Employer’s Fund Cases: What Claimant’s Lawyers Don’t Know” – Nov. 2015
- Speaker – Commonwealth Contractors Group Self-Insurance Conference – “Effective Use of a Panel of Physicians” – Oct. 2015